This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to coordinate a Sales Engineering Team to provide technical support and assist in the development of sales for a global industry leading organisation, while enjoying the lifestyle benefits that only South East Queensland can offer.
Established for thirty-five years and admitted into the Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame in 2009 our Toowoomba-based client, Russell Mineral Equipment Pty Ltd (RME), is the acknowledged world leader in grinding Mill Relining Systems. As an original equipment manufacturer (OEM), RME’s core competencies include quality design and manufacture as well as global distribution, after-sales service, mill relining and consulting services. Via a network of wholly-owned international subsidiaries, the organisation supports customers in more than 50 countries.
This newly created leadership role focuses on building and managing a team of Sales Engineers to support the Business Development Manager/s in each of the regional offices, as well as the General Manager - Mill Relining System Sales (GM) at Head Office.
The Sales Engineering team proactively identifies customer requirements and corresponding solutions from RME’s product range, and supports the BDMs in meetings with RME customers and stakeholders (such as EPCMs, Mill Suppliers and various third-party suppliers). The team also develops and maintains a close working relationship with RME affiliates including mill manufacturers, liner manufacturers, engineering consultants, grinding media and bolt suppliers on an ongoing basis.
Reporting to the Applications Engineering Manager, in this role you will lead the team of Sales Engineers across RME’s regional offices to:
• Learn and document business challenges of customers
• Review customer drawings and tender documents to identify technical requirements
• Apply technical expertise in the areas of product, application and market, to support product selection and equipment design
• Create customer-specific technical presentations of RME’s technologies
• Credibly describe and demonstrate solutions such that customers see their problems being resolved
• Provide a technical overview of RME equipment, and link the desired functionality to data requirements to assist in procuring this information from the customer
• Liaise with the Applications Engineering team in to provide feedback on design solutions to identify the best
options for the customer
• Attend customer sites to collect measurements and information required to design a mill relining system
• Assist in documenting product information of RME equipment, and domain knowledge of grinding mill
A degree qualification in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, significant experience in supporting technical sales within an OEM environment and with leading a customer-facing engineering team, demonstrated ability to simplify complex engineering topics and discuss with a broad range of stakeholders, high-level presentation skills and the willingness and ability to undertake domestic and international travel are required.
Experience leading remote teams and working with EPCMs, knowledge of and experience with mineral concentrator maintenance programs (ideally relating to grinding mills and associated equipment) and experience with a parametric 3D modelling package (ideally Solidworks) will be well regarded.
Applicants must currently reside, and be permitted to work permanently, in Australia and while all relevant applications are appreciated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those who have applied to either Nexus or RME within the last two years need not apply.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, less than 1.5 hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, and with regular flights direct to Sydney and Melbourne, the 'garden city' of Toowoomba is one of South East Queensland’s best kept secrets. This thriving regional community, Australia’s largest inland provincial city with 160,000 residents, offers affordable housing, world-class health, education, recreation and cultural facilities.