About the Job
Based in Sydney
ASX Listed Organisation
Career Progression Opportunities
Downer's Road Services business is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 35 depots and maintain more than 30,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
A career defining opportunity has become available within Downer's Road Maintenance business for an experienced Project Bid & Development Manager. Reporting into the National General Manager, you will take responsibility for Leading, Planning, Directing and controlling bids for major Road Maintenance projects. This role requires an individual who will be able to grow Downer's current position through consolidating our capabilities and demonstrating to clients the value Downer will deliver.
Ideally this role is suited to candidates with at least 15 years of industry exposure coupled with an in-depth understanding of Bid management strategies with the motivation and drive to open new opportunities.
This role requires demonstrable exposure at a Senior level; Ideally you will have qualifications in Engineering, Business Management or a related discipline.
You will have;
· A successful track record of Zero Harm leadership as well as the ability to support operations to continually improve safety performance.
· Significant exposure in delivering road asset management strategies', professional services or maintenance works.
· Strong track record in delivering market leading, efficient and innovative services preferably to local and state government road authorities.
· Previous exposure as a Bid Lead on major submissions.
· Demonstrable exposure of delivering transformational change and continuous improvement in organisations.
· Demonstrable skills in client engagement and a proven track record in shaping business strategy.
· Exposure in the policy area of state and local government authorities.
· Experience in presenting to industry forums and key stakeholders.
· Well developed understanding of delivery models and commercial frameworks in the Road Management sector.
In return we offer
A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Competitive remuneration package based on experience