Located in South Australia’s most progressive and thriving regional centre, with a population of approximately 26,000, Mount Gambier is 4.5 hours from both Adelaide and Melbourne.
You will join one of Mount Gambier’s largest & most well regarded employers of choice, which delivers world class services to the community it serves.
Reporting to the General Manager City Infrastructure, you will effectively manage and provide leadership to all employees within the Operations and Engineering department, and to also provide industry expertise and reports to Management.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Deliver a program of works encompassing Construction and Maintenance, Parks and Gardens, Building Maintenance, and Engineering/Technical Design
Employee engagement to assess individual training & development requirements, lead by example to develop a culture of open communications, trust, and mutual respect, and provide mentoring and coaching to staff as required
Promote a culture of shared best practice and continuous improvement across all teams, effective resource planning to continuously improve the quality of service, lead by example in the areas of WHS, risk management, and compliance in line with Council’s policies
Budget and Planning:
Assist with the effective planning and management of resources and services to ensure agreed expenditure and budgets are met whilst not compromising on quality of service
You will be responsible for implementing Council’s Works Program, which includes planning, scheduling and implementing works outlined in Council’s Annual Business Plan whilst monitoring compliance with work health and safety requirements, and the development and implementation of long-term asset management programs.
To be successful in this diverse and challenging role, you will have:
- Degree or Diploma in Civil (or Municipal) Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience within engineering or environmental services, ideally with some experience within Local Government
- Demonstrable experience of effective team leadership and mentoring
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence others at all levels
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and industry partners in order to deliver on strategic plans and initiatives