- A grade mixed use apartment and commercial development projects, medium to large scale
- Brilliant company culture and exciting growth and career prospects, boutique firm
- Focus on new development opportunities working closely with Directors
Role includes site assessment, feasibility analysis, cost planning and taking the front end of multiple development projects up to DA stage.
Our client is an established and highly regarded development firm that works collaboratively with landowners. They are now seeking an experienced Development Manager – New Business to join their professional and highly experienced team based in Sydney as part of a financially secure and growing business.
Working in a team environment, you will be taking full ownership in researching, identifying, preparing the feasibility and viability of potential development sites. You will prepare and deliver accurate and complete information for (internal) reports including financial submissions, feasibilities, site assessments, highest and best use tables and recommendations. Projects you will be working on include $100m+ mixed use residential and Commercial projects.
Our client looks for candidates with a can do attitude who strives to achieve the best outcomes for their partners and is passionate about the industry.
The role will encompass both analysing development potential in sites as well as liaising and building rapport with potential development partners and presenting opportunities to them alongside company directors.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Critically assess NEW development opportunities – feasibility, viability, highest and best use outcomes
- Engage with agents, town planners, and other consultants where necessary to identify and assess key sites.
- Research, develop, and present assessment reports for development opportunities
- Ensure site assessments are delivered on time with accurate information
- Preparing highly accurate financial models to agreed standards – particularly construction costings/estimating
- Participate in presentations to potential and existing clients
Skills & Experience
- +8 years in the industry, demonstrating experience in an Development Manager, Financial Analyst, Acquisitions or Construction estimating role
- Tertiary qualification (e.g. Land economics / valuation / construction management)
- Financial modelling and financial reporting
- Exceptional experience in feasibility analysis
- Experience in best use analysis / due diligence
- Understanding of financial and commercial structures and terms
- Minimum 8 years practical in the Residential / Commercial market place including dealing with agents, developers, institutions
- Good knowledge of the market place (reflective on experience to date)
- Interpretation of Technical documents
- Great knowledge of Estate Master or other financial products
- Managing and budgeting the tender process and cash flow management
- Detailed knowledge of estimating rates for various projects (residential, commercial, land sub divisions, etc.)
- Understanding design, development and delivery process of Residential and Commercial projects
This is a permanent full time position providing a great opportunity to work with an established organisation who offer challenging work.
You will be rewarded with attractive benefits and for the right person and ongoing career development as you will be working alongside some of the country’s most respected property developers.