Full-time position within a well established, South Australian company. Diverse role covering tendering and sales support. Competitive remuneration package on offer.
Use your tendering or estimating skills to support business development activities for this successful company in the construction industry.
About the Opportunity
This role is with our valued client Fleurieu Cranes, and will be based at their Head Office in Wingfield, SA.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager (BDM), as Business Development Support you will be a key member of the team that secures future projects for the business. As well as your primary focus on tendering you will support the BDM in the sales and marketing activities.
Tendering and estimating responsibilities include:
- Responding to tenders ready for review with the Management Team
- Manage inbound requests for quotations
- Acquiring and utilising a solid understanding of the market conditions to maximise win rate
- Providing quoting support to Supervisors for smaller projects
- Assisting with estimating as needed
Sales and marketing support will include:
- Collating sales data
- Assisting with the establishment and ongoing maintenance of the CRM
- Developing strong relationships with customers
- Collation of information for customer presentations
- Digital marketing tasks (social media interaction)
To be successful in this role you must commit to and demonstrate:
- A strong customer focus and support of all customer requirements to meet or exceed their expectations
- Being a dedicated Team Member, assisting and supporting each other towards a common goal
- Open and effective communication including keeping management informed of industry trends and encouraging proactive work management and teamwork
- Development of enduring internal team and customer relationships
- Safety of self and others at all times including reporting of hazards
Ideally you will have completed a relevant tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor of Construction, Engineering or Marketing; or have solid tendering and/or estimating experience.
You will be motivated by the sense of satisfaction you gain from successfully winning work, and will be driven to develop a deep knowledge of the market to help you achieve this. To support your success you will be comfortable building relationships with customers, both over the phone and face to face.
Experience in sales or digital marketing would be advantageous but is not essential. However you must be willing to undertake these duties in this role.
- Experience in a role with similar tendering and/or estimating responsibilities
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, willingness to learn and take on any challenge
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with stakeholders across all levels
- Advanced computing skills including use of Microsoft programs
- Great work ethic with a high attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workloads and plan effectively
- Genuine enjoyment to work within a fast-paced environment with a pro-active approach
- Current driver's licence
- A tertiary qualification in either Construction, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent
- Previous experience in marketing or sales activities
- A current Police Clearance (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- A Construction Industry White Card (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
About Our Client
Fleurieu Cranes is one of South Australia's leading Crane Hire companies with depots at Wingfield, Largs Bay and Seaford in the Adelaide Metro area.
Fleurieu Cranes provide their customers with safe and efficient solutions involving Crane & Related Services throughout South Australia and beyond.
They own, operate, and maintain a comprehensive fleet of cranes ranging in size up to 400T; consisting of City, Franna, All Terrain and Tower Cranes. The team is dedicated and focussed on providing customers with industry leading solutions, with all work undertaken to the highest degree of safety, whilst conforming with all site and statutory regulations.