Business Development Manager – Geotechnical/Geomechanical Background
- Be a part of one of the leading Engineering Services MNC in the world.
- Highly competitive pay and work location would be Sydney.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and collaborative team environment built on strong work ethics.
Our client has been providing worldwide engineering services for underground structures, traffic infrastructures, dams, hydraulic structures and hydropower for over 60 years. With more than 600 employees Our client continues to consolidate its international position, offering exciting opportunities for its employees worldwide, in company offices, project offices and sites.
Engineering services for infrastructures require the best possible match of experience and innovation. The continuous ambition to optimally combine these skills has driven Lombardi Group to create visionary projects based on proven engineering practice. Our client’s development worldwide is based on a consolidated and lasting partnership with our clients and a familiar and enduring relationship with our personnel.
To consolidate and expand further our activities in Australia and in the Asian South Pacific Area our client is now looking for a Business Development Manager with a strong background in Geomechanical / Geotechnical Engineering to join their team in Sydney.
As Business Development Manager you will join and lead a team of engineers in acquiring new business opportunities. Thanks to your solid background in geomechanical and/or geotechnical design of large-scale infrastructures, you will act as a competent and reliable partner for existing and new clients, building solid business relationships and acquiring new projects to consolidate our presence in Australia.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities and lead the acquisition of new contracts of design and construction management mainly, but not limited to, in the field of urban Tunnels for major infrastructures of transportation, like: road, metro, rail, as well as hydraulic tunnels for water transfer and energy production.
- Leading and supporting the local team in the preparation of tenders for the Australian and the Asian South Pacific markets both for private and public clients
- Maintaining and expanding a solid network with major Construction companies operating in the area
To be successful for this position, you would have:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a further specialization in geotechnics and/or geomechanics
- Extensive years of experience in the design of underground tunnels and/or large scale infrastructures.
- Solid knowledge of Australian design standards
- Relevant experience in preparing tenders in the Australian market and Asian South Pacific Area for both private and public clients
- Well-developed network with major construction companies operating in the Australian Market and Asian South Pacific Area
- Proven abilities to lead and cooperate within a team of engineers, designers, and draftsmen
- Availability to carry out missions abroad, mainly in the Asian South Pacific Area, and occasionally in other countries where our client is operating.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; any additional language will be a plus
What is on offer:
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic, highly competent global team of professionals, delivering high quality engineering services
- Great company environment & culture with modern and equal working conditions
- Independent and autonomous role with great flexibility in the organization of working times and places.
- Highly attractive salary package including annual target performance bonus
Anavo group welcomes, values and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with different cultural backgrounds and disabilities