Modern, Dandenong Location. Freight and Transport Management company. $100K-$110K+Super neg, + Car allow, OTE $140K++.
A little about the Company:
My client which is based in Dandenong has developed a long list of blue chip clientele. They are a tightknit team that focus on work/life balance, developing future opportunities for their staff, and many more. The company drives the efficiency of client’s logistics spend, by delivering solutions that not only improve supply chain, but aim to also improve customer and supplier relationships.
Job benefits and perks:
My client has a social atmosphere where, they live, breath, work and play everything transport. They are collaborative and work hard to drive innovation and culture in the team. They regularly have social events, have a flexible working environment and more!
A little about the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager your primary responsibilities for the growth and development of new business as well as servicing a portfolio of clients. The position is heavily relationship based and requires the ability to be a consultative solution seller over the phone and face to face. This role requires local travel to current and potential clients.
More specifically, you will:
- Prospect new direct clients that require freight services
- Use the company CRM to the company standards at 100% accuracy
- Tend to incoming queries, issues and day to day needs of your clients as they arise
- Be able to work autonomously and maintain a solid sales pipelines to meet targets
- Prepare well written and researched proposals, RFP’s and client responses to a professional level
- Work with the executive team to help drive optimisation strategies to help achieve the company’s strategic plan
A little about you:
We are looking for a hunter who has strong client relationship and people management skills, with the proven ability to develop trust and credibility with clients. You will be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team to achieve results. You must have at least 2 year’s experience working as a BDM or other for a transport/logistics company.
- You must have proven solution selling experience, strong communication skills both written and oral and demonstrate your ability to listen to the needs of your clients.
- Key requirements:
- You must have at least 2 year’s experience working as a BDM for a transport/logistics company and have a good knowledge of 4PL and other freight/transport operations
- Has the ability to speak with clients about freight solutions across a variety of industries and backgrounds
- Has experience in building relationships with potential clients via cold calls, networking and other avenues
- Excellent interpersonal/telephone skills and intuition
- Experience in closing deals at all management levels
- Strong proposal writing skills
- Able to use common office packages with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to prioritise work duties to meet deadlines
- Strong business development skills
- Proven history of hitting and exceeding sales targets