We’ve been doing it since 1960! The Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is the source of independent expert transport knowledge, with almost 60 years of experience focused on delivering a connected and adaptable future for Australia and New Zealand.
ARRB has a strong heritage supporting and delivering high quality applied research for Australian and New Zealand state road agencies (our Members) and for the community. Our teams are made up of world-leading roads, transport and infrastructure professionals who analyse and interpret global research and apply it to the Australian and New Zealand context.
Why join ARRB:
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big infrastructure questions, and to see these solutions being practically applied.
Our staff operate within a state-of-the-art workplace with multi-disciplinary teams with highly evolved skills. At ARRB, the National Transport Research Organisation, innovation, personal and professional development is fostered and nurtured - enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
We are seeking a motivated, enthusiastic and passionate individual to build and develop relationships with key clients and members to promote our products and services across our Road Asset Performance Strategic Workgroup.
This is a critical role responsible for identifying and securing new projects and Agreements with new and existing industry clients. In this role you will develop solid relationships with key personnel, and effectively manage stakeholder relationships related to the solutions we are able to offer our clients and stakeholders. This position will be based within our Port Melbourne office and will report directly to the National Strategic Workgroup Leader, Road Asset Performance.
Key to success within this role will be your ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to get the best outcome for our customers and the project. You will be able to think on your feet whilst developing and implementing innovative engagement strategies that reach our customers and the industries we operate within.
We are looking for talented applicants who can offer practical ‘can do, build/design’ skills with a strong background in applied research from within Construction, Consultancy, or State/ Local Government.
In this position you will:
- Develop relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the unique value in ARRB and the solutions we are able to offer.
- Manage the ongoing relationship for all new and existing clients and networks.
- Use business development skills to meet, exceed and drive sales targets and increase revenue.
- Identify and secure new projects and Agreements with new and existing industry clients.
- Contribute to overall result of RAP in terms of its sustainable pipeline of work, timely inception activities and reputation to respond and deliver.
We seek an individual who has:
- Proven business development background in meeting, exceeding and driving sales targets / increasing revenue.
- Strong experience within national technical consultancy discipline preferred
- Excellent understanding of the transport industry within Australia
- Demonstrated experience in Stakeholder engagement, relations and communications.
- Demonstrated success in the development and implementation of new business agreements and projects.
- Sound ability in the provision of stakeholder and customer engagement strategies.
- Superior strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competency in building effective rapport with a variety of clients
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
- Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects which make a difference to the community, the economy, and the environment
- Opportunities to work collaboratively on local and national projects with a network of experts and colleagues around the country
- A healthy work-life balance
- Strong support for career development and further study
- A competitive salary & staff benefits
- Range of professional development options
- Social club activities
- We embrace diversity - highlighting a multidisciplinary workforce from all over the world within all of our offices across Australia
- Access to paid parental leave
- Potential salary packaging benefits available
- Contemporary and modern work environments
- Our Port Melbourne site is a state-of-the-art work campus encompassing basketball courts, pool and ping pong tables, café, end of trip facilities, and hosts the largest pavements engineering laboratory within the southern hemisphere!
To be considered:
- Applicants must be eligible to become and/or Australian Citizens / Permanent Resident of Australia
- For a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources, 03 9881 1555.
- Please ensure you attached your CV, Cover Letter and answer the screening questions provided.
Please note that unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this vacancy.