Professional, ambitious and growing construction services company. Experience in Site Remediation & Assessment. Brilliant company culture, values and ethics in a growing business unit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is an industry leader in Remediation and Environmental Services, they are currently looking for an experienced Bid Manager / Business Development Manager to join their professional team.
Working in a dynamic business unit, your responsibility will be centered around Bid Management and business development opportunities including keeping relevant levels of the business up to date on market opportunities, presenting business ideas to the senior management team and arranging and attending client events to hardness new opportunities and grow the business unit.
You will have widespread experience in remediation with high level knowledge of a variety of remediation methodologies.
Experience in civil and demolition projects across sectors including commercial, civil, industrial, mining etc. working for a contracting company would be ideal.
Ideally someone who has strong working relationships with government authorities and consultants coupled with a strong local network.
Ideally Melbourne based role, may be flexible for right candidate.
- Managing and coordinating the writing and compilation of the EOI/Tender Bid process
- Managing the bid plan
- Involved with day to day operations
- Work closely with the project and site teams to gather content and compile the methodologies for the tender submission.
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Business Development, actively seek out new relationships in target areas for new business
- Maintain knowledge of day to day market developments to assess opportunities
- Completing site tours when required
- Inter-state travel when required
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering / Environmental / Chemistry or similar
- Minimum of 18 years + industry experience
- Previous experience in Civil / Demolition background is preferred
- Experience in Bid Management/Tendering is essential
- Strong network of contacts within the construction industry
- Solid Business Development skills
- Team player but also ability to work autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and relate to all levels
- Advanced time management skills
- Ability to meet dead lines
This is a permanent full time position providing a great opportunity to work with a successful and growing organisation who offer challenging work.